Friday, March 9, 2012

Mould Me: Becoming a Servant of God 101

Hi there! Since you are reading this blog it means we both have the same desire.. to become God's Servant. Welcome to my page!


My New Journey


I have been one of God's Servant but then I Quit to my ministries I've discussed the reasons here: Serving God: Motives (A Confession) . I realized that my motives of being God's Servants during that time are not that genuine, that is why I started my new journey by searching for some guidelines or blogs that may help me to become a Servant of God. Finding it seems so hard to do, there are so many verses, so many words yet one thing that is common among those articles that I visited is that, Jesus Christ is the best guide if I want to become God's Servant.


Woah!.... I don't know if I will be able to follow exactly how Jesus Christ do His ministries and how to have the character that He has during His life on earth...but I believe that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Since, I will be imitating Christ as a Servant, well He is really the best coach that can give me the right strength and determination that I would need throughout my journey.


Then here is where I would start...


I would like to learn from my previous mistakes. One of my biggest mistakes is that I have never been a good follower. I went directly to becoming a servant without checking whether I am being a good follower of Christ at the same time I tend not to fully submit to my leaders. I might be seen attending the church but there are so many sins that I tend to hide in me and when I'm out of the church those sins are like smoke finding it's way out.


My Companions and Weapons


I know I cannot take this journey alone so I would really want to have some companions and most of all weapons.


God the Father - who else can accompany me in imitating Jesus but the Father Himself. If God was able to guide His first leaders during the Old testament, I believe He can guide me as well.
The Holy Spirit - it is the Spirit that anoint Jesus during His baptism, and it is the Spirit that Jesus left to His disciples.
Jesus Christ - I want to build that intimate relationship with Christ and want him to be with me all the way, because I just feel safe knowing that He is with me.
The Bible - the sword of God, with His Words I know I will find the strength because those are testimonies of how gracious God is to those who trust in Him and believes in Jesus.
The Internet - if there is one thing that I would love about internet, it is the capability to search and search and search without sweating. There are alot of articles out there that are written by experienced people when it come to serving God and I want to take advantage of this technology for the success of my journey.
Sincere Prayer - A prayerful Christian is a strong Christian. I want to have a dedicated time of the day wherein I can have that little prayer that will help me go a long way. I will be setting 3:00 - 3:05 PM as my quiet time and my time to stop everything that I am doing and have that one heart deep prayer.


I think that's it for now, I do hope that God will bless this task that I'll be doing and somehow be a blessing to you as well. God bless! :)


Isaiah 64:8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment