Wednesday, March 14, 2012

MOD: Courageous by Sherwood Pictures

Hallo! I just got so blessed today with this movie that I would not want to end this day without promoting it. So here is my very first MOD (Movie Of the Day)... XD


Everyone has a father, or, atleast once had a father. We will not be in this world if we don't have one, right? As a kid, I adore my dad for being so smart, for working hard, for his talent, for taking me to the park, for doing my essays, for attending my graduation, for supporting my needs, etc. But, there are also times that I hate him and that is during those times that he gets mad at me, but I love him and that won't change. Now, I am married and have a son, it would great to see these men of my life, my Dad, my Hubby and my Son, doing their purpose as a man and doing their calling as a son of God.


In the movie Courageous, the producers of the film aimed to show how God wants a man to be like when he became a father. It also shows that as a person, men are not perfect, men do have their ups and downs, and men are also humans who knows how to cry. The five men of the film portrayed 5 different lives with one main purpose, being a father. We all know that fathers are supposed to support the needs of their family. They work hard to earn money. They would be willing to do anything, just to feed those hungry stomachs. Fathers also have an ego that they care about. This ego may lead them to being the best father or may also make them the worst father to their kids or husband to their wives.


What I love about this movie is that it gave me a hope that it is not hard for a man to be changed according to how God wants them to be, it just take enough courage for them to get down on their knees. It proves that being courageous is not about owning a gun, having a louder voice than any other member of the family, and most of all not just about being the head of the family. True courage is about accepting that you are weak, that you need help, that you want to cry, that you are sorry, and most of all, that you need a Saviour.


Aside from that, the movie also shared that Integrity is better than Loyalty and emphasized that a man's true richness as a father is not measured on how much money they have, rather what kind of family they have built.


Here is the trailer of the film Courageous, hope you'll be able to watch the movie soon. God bless! :)








But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15 NIV 





No comments:

Post a Comment