Monday, March 12, 2012

Mould Me: Wedging Part1

Wedging. "A procedure for preparing clay or a clay body by hand: the lump of clay is repeatedly thrown down on a work bench; between each operation the lump is turned and sometimes cut through and rejoined in a different orientation. The object is to disperse the water more uniformly, to remove lamination and to remove air." -  according to Wikipedia
Hallo! Today I will be reflecting on the sermon that God gave me through Sermon Central website entitled Basic Training for Disciples. Yey! I found a training guide, thanks be to God!


It seems like it was made for ME...


When I saw the Title of this sermon I did not think twice, I just click on it, expecting I'll find a long list of do's and don'ts but I was wrong. Never under estimate the Power of God ever! :) What I found is like a double edged sword that hits me directly into my EGO! You've read it right, my E-G-O. To make the long message short here is the conclusion of the Author:


There are four important things on Jesus’ list to know about basic training for disciples. A disciple never puts a stumbling block in the spiritual path of others. A disciple forgives quickly and often. A disciple exercises faith and demonstrates faithfulness. Do you claim to be a disciple of Jesus?


That Sermon leads me to Pottery Step 1: Wedging - the clay preparation. God is so great and is really a Potter at work and He exactly knows the procedure of Pottery. God knows that I am not a perfect clay, that I have my lumps everywhere. Being a clay, it is not that easy to understand that my Potter needs to throw me on His work bench, cut me and rejoin me in a different orientation. It will hurt for sure, just like what He did today through the Sermon.


Guilty of  Key No. 2: A disciple forgives quickly and often.


I am keeping this big hatred to one of my sisters in Christ. She did something to me that made me lose my trust on her. I always say I forgive her but forgetting what she did is not an easy thing to do. Forgiveness is not just a single topic in the bible, in fact it is almost one of the crucial topic in the bible. Jesus even gave a parable for the Forgiveness topic (see The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant, NIV)

In the Sermon, the Author emphasized:

Forgiveness is not a feeling or an emotion–it is a choice. It is your decision not to want to punish that person for what they’ve done to you. The Bible word for forgiveness is aphemi, meaning to “cancel the debt” or “set one forever free from the obligation.” Our forgiveness should be a reflection of the forgiveness God offers us. He places our sins behind our back and remembers them no longer. I’ve heard people say, “Well, I’ll forgive them, but I won’t forget it.” If you actively choose to continue to remember what that person has done to you, you haven’t truly forgiven them. - David Dykes
Yes, God forgave me and He did not even look back at what I did, but He always gives me a chance to step forward. He was like, "Go ahead, don't mind what you did to me, don't look back, I want you to move forward". So who am I not to do the same to my breathren?

I want to follow Christ

On my previous post, I commit to follow Christ because I want to be God's Servant. Christ said in Matthew 6:14-15:

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
If following Him would mean I need to give up my E-G-O, which is a good thing, then I would like to do it. Facing my breathren and forgiving her is not that easy task for me. I would need so much courage and encouragement, yet it is written that through Christ we can do all things, and I must walk the Word if I want to follow Christ... So I will be doing it!

I believe that God will not be throwing me, cutting me and rejoining me to a different orientation for nothing. Our Potter knows that the reason for doing it is because He want to make the clay perfect for moulding. As a clay, I must trust my Potter enough and believe that HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. 

I'll be wonderfully and uniquely made.

Yet you, Lord are our Father. We are the clay and you are the potter; we are all work of Your hand - Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment